Mass Meeting of Russell County Committee of the Republican Party of Virginia
As Chairman of the Russell County Committee of the Republican Party of Virginia, and pursuant to the Plan of Organization and as recommended and directed by the Committee, I, Dwayne McIntyre, do hereby issue this call for a Mass Meeting to be held on Thursday, March 17th, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at the East Room of the Community Center, 405 W Main St, Lebanon, VA 24266 (right behind the Town Hall) for the following purposes:
A) Electing a Russell County Republican Committee Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer for the 2016-2018 term.
B) Electing up to 48 delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the Ninth Congressional District Republican Convention, to be held on Saturday, April 9, 2016 at George Wythe High School, #1 Maroon Way, Wytheville, Virginia 24382, or its alternative location, starting at 10:00 a.m. local time for the purposes:
1. Electing a Chairman for the Ninth Congressional District of the Republican Party of Virginia for the 2016-2018 term;
2. Electing three National Delegates and three Alternate Delegates from the Ninth Congressional District of Virginia to the Republican National Convention to be held on July 18-21, 2016 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH or its alternative location;
3. Electing a presidential elector for the Ninth Congressional District of Virginia Republican Committee;
4. Electing three members to the State Central Committee from the Ninth Congressional District for the 2016-2020 term;
5. And for the transaction of such business as may properly come before the convention;
D) Electing up to 48 delegates and an equal number of alternates to the Republican Party of Virginia State Convention to be held on April 29-30, 2016 at the James Madison Convocation Center, 895 University Blvd., Harrisonburg, VA. 22807 or its alternative site, beginning at 2:30 p.m. EDT on April 29, and 12:00 p.m. EDT on April 30, for the following purposes:
1. Electing a Chairman for the Republican Party of Virginia;
2. Electing 13 At-Large Delegates and an equal 13 At-Large Alternate Delegates to the Republican National Convention to be held on July 18-21, 2016 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH or alternative location;
3. Electing presidential electors for the Republican Party of Virginia;
4. Electing a National Committeewoman and National Committeeman to the Republican National Committee;
5. And for the transaction of such business as may properly come before the convention.
Qualifications for Participation
All legal and qualified voters of Russell County under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, regardless of race, religion, national origin or sex, who are in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and who, if requested, express in open meeting either orally or in writing as may be required, their intent to support all of its nominees for public office in the ensuing election, may participate as members of the Republican Party of Virginia in its mass meetings, party canvasses, conventions or primaries encompassing their respective election districts. Voters will be required to produce personal identification such as a valid driver or voter registration card in order to participate in the mass meeting or convention.
In addition to the foregoing, to be in accord with the principles of the Republican Party, a person otherwise qualified hereunder shall not have participated in Virginia in the nomination process of a party other than the Republican Party within the last five years. A single exception to this shall be approved for a voter that renounces affiliation with any other party in writing, and who expresses in writing that he/she is in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and intends, at the time of this writing, to support the nominees of the Republican Party in the future. Any voter that utilizes the forgoing exception, and thereafter participates in the nomination process of a party other than the Republican Party, shall not have the benefit of the exception thereafter. Within 30 days of receipt, the Official Committee shall provide a copy of this signed renunciation statement to the Republican Party of Virginia, to be maintained for a period of five years.
Candidates for election or nomination at said mass meeting for
1. Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer of the Russell County Republican Committee;
2. Delegate and Alternate to the 9th Congressional District Convention on April 9, 2016
3. Delegate and Alternate to the Republican Party of Virginia Convention on April 29-30, 2016
Must meet the qualifications in this Call and in the Unit, District, Legislative and State Party Plans. Election shall be by plurality vote of those in attendance.
Registration Fees and Additional Information
There will be no registration fee to participate in this mass meeting.
Russell County Republican Committee membership dues are $5.00 per year and due annually in March for the reinstatement of membership.
There is a voluntary registration fee of $35.00 to participate in the Republican State Convention and a $10.00 voluntary registration fee to participate in the 9th District Convention.
Registration for mass meeting participants will begin at 6:00 p.m. and close at the start of the mass meeting at 7:00pm.
No resolutions shall be considered by the mass meeting.
Paid for & Authorized by the Russell County Republican Committee